Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cast me gently into the morning, for the night has been unkind

I feel like this blog is like that one sock that somehow made it halfway under the bed and even though I vaguely know it still exists, I'd rather not do anything with it. Well I guess thats what 4:30am is for. I was thinking today about all the little things I do that make me, as my mother would put it, special. Some of them is if I see a blinking digital clock or seconds left unspent on the microwave I have to clear them out or set the clock to the right time. This isn't just a one time thing, it drives me nuts. It got me thinking, why? What is embedded deep inside me that makes this irritable. I found after late night meditation, that it must be that I need closure. Closure from anything really. My life is so full of open wounds left for time to heal, but really just festering. It's nice to be able to correct the things I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nathaniel! I just discovered your blog. I don't know what it is that makes you Nathan-ish, but I vote you keep it.
And if it makes you feel any better, it's almost 5 PM, I'm still not dressed, and I'm trying to decide whether to have breakfast or just give up.